Friday, April 22, 2005

Emily's Room and Garden

Amidst much request for photos, here is Emily's room, and her garden!!



Nursery Wall Posted by Hello

The flower border flows around the entire room--it's from one stencil, but consists of three individually painted layers--what was I thinking!! Although the whole process took 3 weeks straight from start to finish, we just love it. Thanks to Kevin and my dad for helping paint on the days I just couldn't go on, and to friends and family for their encouragement, and swift removal of excess paint from my hair when I was in public.


The corner wall Posted by Hello

The clouds are painted free hand. That was the easiest part!


Emily's garden Posted by Hello

Here's Emily's garden, which is butterfly and hummingbird friendly. Some of the plants have yet to bloom, but consist of Scarlet Milkweed, Yellow Lantana, Firespike (will be red, spikey flowers), Blue Porterweed (still growing), and Blue Sage (spikes). Thanks to Uncle Johnny for Emily's Chinese pagoda!


Peekaboo plant Posted by Hello

These plants are just to the left of the garden, and look like eyeballs staring at you! (Kevin's idea, of course.)


Brammie's garden Posted by Hello

Kevin planted this special garden in memory of his grandmother, Brammie, who passed away this year. Brammie loved pink, and loved flowers, so the Hibiscus are light pink, dark pink, and soft yellow with pink centers. Kevin will add a bench amidst the stones.

Hope you liked it!

--Caroline

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammifrani said
You guys are just great and Emily is going to be a very lucky girl to have you as her Mommy & Daddy.
I'm so proud of both of you

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see that you are close to being a mommy and daddy. I will keep checking here to see pictures of Emily when she arrives!
Congratulations and Best Wishes!