Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm in Pennsylvania meeting all my family, many for the first time ever! Here I am in my new northern hat. I sure hated wearing a winter coat, and gave Mommy and Daddy lots of grief over it. Then I got used to it...but not those awful gloves!! Here I am in my winter vest and jodpurs...very stylish, don't you think? Enjoy the rest of the photos...there are plenty!


Visiting Mommy's Family


First stop, Reading, PA, to mommy's sister Cindy and her family. Cousin Cassandra and I became instant friends. Cousins Tony and Stephen were lots of fun to make faces with, and Uncle Ico let me walk him around the house for quite a while while holding one of his fingers. That was awfully nice of him. I met lots of mommy's and Aunt Cindy's friends, which was really neat.

Here's my buddy Cassie holding me. She took really good care of me and even put on her bathing suit to help Aunt Cindy bathe me. She's going to be a really good mom some day.
Massaging Sandy, the oh-so-soft family dog
Cousin Tony, home from military school, and me
Cousin Stephen just couldn't get comfortable holding a baby
My friends the Vocus, who adopted my friend Lia from the same orphanage in China



Visiting Daddy's Family


Next stop, Grammi Frani's in Scranton, where Daddy's family lives. This is where we had Thanksgiving dinner. Here's me and cousin Elizabeth at our favorite pasttime together--banging our hands against the front door. Looks like we were interrupted for a picture. We're not in trouble, are we?



This is 2nd cousin Colleen. We really liked each other...she appreciated my love of the front door.

Cousin Marianne with daughter Marie

2nd cousin Shawn, with his neat drawing

Me with Aunt Anne (Grammi's sister) and Grammi. Aunt Anne and cousins Kathleen and Irene gave me my outfit--isn't it just adorable? Cousin Shawn loved the hat and wore it around like a French man!
My buddy Cousin Casey. Cousin Kelly is laid up with a broken foot, so I couldn't hug her--we might have fallen down.
Cousin Elizabeth and her daddy, Uncle Mark
Me, Casey and Elizabeth play with Uncle John

The Schraner family, mommy and me. Cousin Kelly finally made a photo!

Grammi's favorite photo of Aunt Tracey and Elizabeth

Daddy's great aunt Nancy gives me Cheerios

Mini Reunion with Our Travel Families


While in Scranton I visited with three other families (including the Vocus) who travelled to China with Mommy and Daddy and adopted my friends from the orphanage in Cenxi City last July. What fun! Here we are watching the Wiggles Christmas special. Turns out, we all love the Wiggles!

Here are all the proud mommies with us
And here are the proud dads! And grandma Phyllis, with Jadyn.

Emily's Major Milestones:


1) My biggest news is, I started using a sippy cup! I don't quite understand that I have to tilt it to get the water, but I'm working on it!
2) Cousin Elizabeth taught me to point (well, I sort of point, with all my fingers)
3) I'm much more outgoing and babble and smile a lot!!
4) I do sign language for puppy, kitten, and bath.
5) I'm back to giving kisses again, and love to rest my head against a warm shoulder when I need down time.
6) I show more interest in other children, especially older ones who play with me. Mommy and Daddy say I'm also becoming more outgoing, which is a far cry from the serious baby they brought home.

And now I'm just pooped from all the excitement! Take care!!

Emily

4 comments:

The Lucky Ones said...

Hooray for the update! And what cute pics of beautiful Emily. It's easy to tell that she has EVERYONE wrapped around her finger. So glad to hear that she's progressing nicely. Kate has her Stride Rite's on, but isn't walking yet. It's not going to be long, though. Can't wait to see everyone soon.

Lots of love,

Melissa, Scott and Kate

Anonymous said...

I love that Aunt Nancy got to meet Emily! Wow, I just realized that there are 4 living generations stemming from the Kane family tree...who'd a thunk?
- Mike Whalen

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of all my little grand nieces and of course Sean Patrick. Emily and Little Lizzie loved looking out of and pounding the door at Grandma Frans.

Like Mike, I'm glad that Aunt Nanc got to meet her great great grandniece.

Uncle Jack

Anonymous said...

Hey Caroline,
I just wanted to say How happy I am for you and your family, Emily is growing up so Beautiful! She is so Perfect! You and your husband have done so great it shows in her smile! You guys are so blessed!! I love showing my Emily Grace the pictures and she loves it! Can't wait to see Chrismas! Keep up the great Parenting!!
Your old Dental Asst. (from Dr.N office, I moved to NC)
Sincerely Carla Fugleberg