Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!The Year of the Dog began yesterday, January 29th. It's a lucky year for Daddy since he was born in the year of the dog. But Daddy says last year was his lucky year, because that's when he met me. That's really nice. Mommy and Daddy were excited because I finally have enough hair for pigtails! We had a great time at the local Chinese association's celebration.
There was music and dancing, especially little Chinese girls, and the big Chinese lion. Another little girl cried when she was the big lion, but I wasn't scared at all! In fact, I ran around the whole night, laughing and smiling at everyone!
Like the Lion dance, Chinese men banged drums and gongs loudly while the 12-food dragon danced through the crowd. Little kids in Chinese dress held the dragon from underneath. Cool!
I loved watching these little girls dance.
I just love my daddy.
I just love my dress.
Other Cute Photos of Me
Here are some other photos of me. I love my pretty green dress that Uncle John Gardocki bought me.
Thanks to Aunt Fran Wagner for this lovely outfit!
Thanks to Aunt Beryl and Cousin Liz for my tea set. I'm giving Mommy a spot of Rosey tea (that's from the Wiggles). Mommy remembered to put her pinkie up later.
Ooh, I love yogurt! I'm, uh, just not so good at eating with a spoon!
Love that spaghetti, too!
I had fun when cousins Jack and Susan came to visit! I sure liked Michelle, their poodle, who sure didn't like Mia, our German Shepherd!
A rousing rendition of "If you're happy and you know it, then your face'll sure show it" with another equally tiny Chinese friend.
Can you say adorable? These are my first pigtails, and boy is everyone thrilled that I now have enough hair to dress up! I just like to wiggle like crazy while they try to do anything...hee hee!
Wriggling for Papa and Rea.
Emily's Milestones (for posterity):
- Monday, January 16th - Emily said "baby" tonight. She just looked at me and slowly sounded it out--"bay--bee". It was adorable! She said it a few more times then refused to, even after Daddy begged her to say it again.
- Thursday, January 19th - Well, she says "baby", and now she also says "beep, beep" from the "Wheels on the Bus" song while she presses her finger to her nose.
- Friday, Jan 27th - Tonight we ordered our dog Mia into a Down position while we were eating supper. Emily pointed at Mia and tried to say "down, Mia", then patted her head.
- Saturday, Jan 28th - Tonight Emily actually peed in her potty! She did it while waiting for Daddy to finish filling the bathtub. We were all so excited for her!!
- This past week she began to point at other things (ceiling fan, trees, other people), and then to herself. It looks like she's really gaining a sense of self.
- Also, this week, she began asserting herself at library storytime when she took a ball and wouldn't let go of it. Normally any kids could take it from her, but not this time! She also helped herself to some parents' keys, much to their little ones' dismay.
- Emily FINALLY goes to Daddy and not just Mommy! Whew! Daddy gives Emily a bath, no problem. Daddy can put Emily to bed, no problem. And Daddy can feed Emily, no problem. Finally, Mommy can put her feet up. Uh, no, now the dog wants to go out...ARGH!!
Take care, everybody! More to come from Grammi's visit. Right now, Grammi is too busy taking photos of Emily to pose for any...:)
Caroline
2 comments:
Gung hay fat choy (a New Year greeting meaning, "May you
become prosperous.") Sun nien fai lok (meaning, "Happy new year") ...
and on St. Patrick's Day we will teach Emily Gaelic.
Uncle Jack
Hi all!
I love the ponytails and all of the nice outfits, it's like having a little doll to dress up. But most of all I love the proud face on my little brother, I love you all!!!!
Aunt Tracey
P.S. I miss my Mommy!!!!
Post a Comment