Emily doing ballet with a sidewalk chalk ballerina A Day at the Park
So we meet friend Nicol and her kids Delanie and Dylan at the park one day. In one section of the park, old men play Bocce ball on a Shuffleboard course. Well, Emily decided she was going to play, too, so as I was talking to Nicol, Emily begins running away from us towards the Bocce Ball court.Suddenly, I spot her in between the old guys, who are laughing (thank gosh). Emily is pointing at balls, describing the colors and telling the men how to play. I retrieve her in utter embarassment, only to see her sprint off again a minute later! This time she is in the middle of the men, telling them you kick a Bocce Ball, you don't throw it! Then old men are having a great time.
Email from Santa
So Emily and I are in Target, and spot the most beautiful, purple dressup outfit. Velvet, off-the-shoulder, broach on the corset, and shimmery tulle skirt. "Oh Mommy, I NEED DIS, dis is bootiful! I really, really love it!!" It really was gorgeous...but how to make it a surprise Christmas gift? I think fast. I tell Emily that if I buy this dress, I have to mail it to Santa, who will decide if she should have it for Christmas, and he'll bring it on Christmas Eve. She agrees. Meanwhile, a lady pushing her cart down the aisle started snorts with laughter and I'm mortified.<
Other Scenes from Preschooler Life
Every girls needs to ride a tricycle at least once in heels.
We FINALLY discovered how to take video on our camera that we can post to the Internet!! So here is Emily singing "This Little Light of Mine" with a cheap candle I bought for $2 in Amish country almost 10 years ago!
2 comments:
What a wonderful way to start the day - - with a song from Emily! Her light is shining out here in California. She is such a darling.
I'm sitting here laughing OUT LOUD about Emily and the bocce players!!! I can just picture her choreographing how the game should be played.
Our love to all of you as you await the news that you can travel to meet David and bring him home.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jack
Every time I see that video with David I get goosebumps. I am looking forward to him getting home so I can amuse him at the supermarket... may take me a while to break down the wall but hey, I did it with Em... it took a while of acting stupid!!! Hope you all had a Happy Turkey Day...
Post a Comment