Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!



Happy Easter, Everyone!

We had a great time at the neighborhood Easter party. I ran it with some great moms, and we think the kids had a great time in spite of some bumped heads (Emily included) and a bloody nose (someone else's child). That and the squirrel that got into a transformer, transforming himself, poor thing, and blowing the power in the neighborhood long enough to cause the woman bringing 3 warm hams to have to pull them from the oven and race to her mother's house instead. But all went well...except for the squirrel, of course.

Emily enjoyed the face painting so much that she grabbed a pen and jumped right in! Here's the result--looks Chinese, don't you think?



Super Easter Egg hunters.

Update on David

Thanks for our Easter $$!

April 17th is David's rescheduled palate surgery date. Meanwhile, this Tuesday David will have ear tubes inserted to combat his repeat ear infections. He's touring the local surgery center on Monday to help downplay his hospital visit.

The poor little guy has endured more doctor visits and blood tests. He actually popped a vein in one arm during a blood test at the local hospital, he was so angry and screaming. I had to lie on top of him while the nurses tried the other arm. Poor Emily, I had no idea it would upset her so much. She usually sings "If you're happy and you know it" to David while the nurses draw blood. Afterwards I talked to her and David being so brave and bought them a cookie at the cafeteria. It sure helped.

Meanwhile, big sister Emily is teaching everyone around her sign language. She's writing words ("Daddy", "David") and spelling them in sign language. This is all thanks to the "Signing Time" videos, so if you want to teach your child sign language, this is the way! David watches the videos in the car and signs to me, but I haven't seen the videos yet! Now when David signs, I turn to Emily and say, "Em, what's he saying?", and she tells me and shows me the sign. Maybe she'll grow up to be a teacher! :)

Take care, everyone,

Caroline

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those two get more precious everytime I see them. Hope all goes well with the tubes for Uncle Davey Baby tomorow and he'll soon be strong for his next surgery. Emily will take good care of her little brother and help Mommy & Daddy to be strong.
Love, Grammi/"Mum"

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Yeah... I experienced David's signing to me and had NO idea as to what was being said... hehehe... poor little fella... let's hope that all goes well soon... I see Em took a step to being the big sister and getting worried for him... ummm... glad your easter went ok... take care....