
Dearest Emily,
Another year has come and gone, and you continue to be an absolute joy. Such an imagination, such kindness to your friends and family, and you're a great big sister, too! We love our conversations with you and introducing you to new things (the Magic School bus, violin, advanced swim lessons). Watching you walk regally around the house in your wedding gown, or following you as Ms. Frizzle (the teacher in Reading Rainbow's Magic School Bus series), watching David imitate every new idea you have...it's enchanting.

My favorite memories this year are of watching your relationship with Bruffy grow deeper. Seeing you two arm in arm, holding umbrellas and belting out a Mary Poppins song, hanging upside down on the couch with homemade capes (Mommy's shirts) so you can be bats in a cave (thanks, Magic School Bus!), marrying your firefighter brother for your 5th birthday, and just seeing you just grab Bruffie for a tight hug. I love it.
I love your sense of humor, and that great big laugh that explodes out of you. You and Daddy are positively silly together! People exclaim at your vocabulary and how your just say what's on your mind. Well, except for that guy smoking at the public pool--you marched right up to him and said, "um, excuse me, smoking stinks and is bad for you!" We'll forget that one!

In just another month, your world will explode as you enter Kindergarten. I'm excited and sad at the same time. Excited that you will embrace learning, but sad because my little girl is growng up. I hope we both make it through those first school days. I'll be at the parents' Boo-Hoo Breakfast, that's for sure!
Daddy, Bruffie and I love you like crazycakes, Emily. Happy Gotcha Day.
Love,
Mommy
P.S. Gotcha Day was actually yesterday, July 11th, and I posted late Em, sorry!
2 comments:
It's just amazing how fast the years are going by. And I might add that having Bruffy sure has made the time easier and funnier. I especially loved the Wedding and the the trimmings, just like your MOm and Dad to plan that one. My only wish is that we lived closer so I could Hug you every day. Well anyway, HAPPY GOTCHA DAY Emily.
I Love you so much!!! Grammifrani
Yeah for you Em... and what a special day it was I am sure... you are a special girl and a good helper when you see me at work... hugs to you...
Post a Comment