
Hi all,
Sorry for the lack of posts, but we've been totally exhausted since arriving home. Our flight was delayed on the runway by several hours in Hong Kong due to a typhoon. The plane's air conditioning was shut down, and poor Emily had a meltdown on board. We finally got moving, only to miss our connecting flight and spend 6 hours in the Los Angeles airport waiting for a direct flight home. Luckily, we were able to travel the entire return trip with Russ and Cindy Bolton and little Abigail, so we all managed to stay awake together and provide each other much needed companionship and emotional support. We'll be so glad when our girls can just meet and play together.
Saying goodbye to our travel group at the LA airport was very bittersweet. We had all become so close in our two weeks together, watching each other's children transform and supporting each other through tough times. It was hard seeing them head back to their lives after such an incredible journey together. We all wished each other well, hugged each other's baby daughters, and promised to meet again each year. It's late night right now and Kevin and Emily are asleep, but I'll post another group photo tomorrow right here.
It was very exciting seeing our families waiting at the Orlando airport after such a long trip home. We were very excited we didn't get many good photos, but here are a few.
Emily and Daddy at Airport
Nona Meets Emily
Emily and Family at Airport--You can just see the Bolton family off to the left. I'm ashamed we didn't take more photos of them! More in future.Back Home
So here we are at home, and Emily has transformed in only 2 short days. She's now standing with help, and has taken several steps (also with help). She waves her arms up and down when she's excited, reaches out for Mommy and Daddy, and even her grandparents! She no longer crawls like a soldier on her belly and elbows. Instead, she's crawling normally. She still won't take anything but a bottle, although we're still trying to feed her rice cereal and applesauce. Monday is her first pediatrician's visit, so we'll get advice from the doctor then.
The cats really like Emily, following her around the house to see what she's up to next. Emily was doing fine with Mia, our German Shepherd, until Mia barked for the first time and scared her. So we're going slowly with their introduction. Mia seems to sense our concern, because she's already barking less, which is great. Emily did giggle when Mia threw a toy around, so we'll just give them time. Here are a few photos from her first days at home...
Emily Meets Her Itty Bitty Baby Asian Dolly. She was fascinated with this doll...I wonder if it's because the face looks familiar.
Learning Piano From Papa
Emily at the Piano. Do we have a prodigy on our hands? Papa taught he to use the keys, and she did!
Emily and Uncle DavidEnjoy,
Caroline
6 comments:
Heyy, I love all the pictures of Emily. You all looked soo happy. You guys are the best. When Elizabeth saw the pictures of her new cousin she was so happy.
Love, Kasey
WELCOME HOME FROM THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND MAGNIFICENT JOURNEY
TO GET YOUR PRECIOUS DAUGHTER EMILY PEI PEI. YOU ARE A CREDIT TO THE FAMILY BY YOUR UNSELFISHNESS
IN BRINGING A CHILD WHO COULD HAVE BEEN LOST TO ALL OF US TO LOVE AND SHARE. YOUR POSTINGS ARE A TREASURE TO KEEP AND READ OVER AND OVER. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!!!
The blue dolphin swing looks complete with a smiling daughter in it. I look forward to a time when I can push her in it!
Love and best wishes,
California cousin Mike
Love the wonderful journal you have created for Emily. I wrote in my journal each day while in China, however, it evidently ended up in the overhead of Cathey Pacific airlines when my carry on was removed. I will try to recall what I can and rewrite it.
Sorry to hear about your delayed flight. What a bummer! At least when we missed our outgoing flight we didn't have a baby to contend with.
What a wonderful experience. Not only was Jaidyn a special gift, but meeting all the families was a bonus.
I will e-mail you pictures as soon as I can get the e-mail list from Teresa. My son put them all on a CD for me today and I enjoyed reliving our trip. Ain't God good?
Greetings from JDS. Dear Kevin and Caroline there are a handful of us that have been keeping up with all your posts on the web I can truly say I have never been as touched as I am when I see pics of Emily with her new wonderful parents. We are all so excited to meet her and yes even Chuck has become mushy about Emily. LOL
Post a Comment