
Here's another collage because it's much easier than trying to fit a handful of photos and text on a page. Don't forget, you can click anywhere on the collage to enlarge it. You won't get individual photos, just the collective one.
Of note are the photos of Emily with the spoons, her favorite toy. Here she actually eats a tiny bit of Dannon yogurt I slathered across her face, then she proceeds to perform a symphony with the spoons. She's a musical genius! This feeding seemed to be a breakthrough, but then she refused food again. More in a minute. The middle row, left photo is of Emily playing Hide n Seek for the first time. She rolled her walker behind the couch, peeked back at us, then beamed.
The three babies in strollers are of 11-month old Taylor, Lisa and Jeff W.'s adopted daughter from Hunan Province--and little sister to 6-year old Trace. Emily is in the middle, and 10-month old Abigail of Chong Ching province is on the right. Abigail's parents are Russ and Cindy B., the couple we met up with in Guangzhou and travelled back to the states with. The girls had an outing at Nordstroms in Orlando, and you can just see a pianist serenading them with "When You Wish Upon a Star" and other kiddie tunes (bottom left). The girls just loved it.
Now for the Big News...
Emily started eating solid foods yesterday!! It's been a long wait, but Auntie Lisa coaxed her into taking Apple flavored baby yogurt (it's delicious) and a few pieces of graham crackers when Emily was playing with her daughter Taylor at Lisa's house. Just seeing Emily's little mouth open up for more was such a thrill.
That night Emily ate baby carrots for the first time, and tonight she ate Pineapple Grilled Ham (Gerber, delicious), more carrots, and more Apple yogurt.
Another neat milestone Emily passed today was when I drew her bath water. She usually holds onto the tub with both hands to watch the bath fill up, but tonight she let go for a second and stood by herself!! Kevin was home and got to see it. What a thrill...a mixed one, of course. Because this means once she's off and running we'll never have any rest! :) Emily turned 14 months on August 13th, Uncle David's birthday. Time is passing too fast already! Hope you enjoy the photos.
Take care,
Caroline
4 comments:
I can't believe the big change in her since I left. Good Job Mommy & Daddy, keep up the good work and she'll being eating Turkey and stuffing by Thanksgiving.
Love the collage and writings. So happy for you both.
Love, "Mum" & Zumu
I believe Mommy like the baby food better than Emily. Can't believe Emily has only been with us for just over a month.
Uncle Jack
Caroline and Kevin,
Thanks for posting these pictures and words, along with all the others over the months. It is wonderful to share your joy and fun (and not have any of the cleanup after).
Paul
Just so you know, I look at sweet Emily's face at least 4 - 5 times a week and coo to her. Scott thinks I'm a loon, but I know that Emily can hear me, somehow....
Thanks for sharing your joy with the rest of us!
Hang on Emily! Your friend Kate will be coming soon.... (I'm predicting referrals on FRIDAY!!!!)
Post a Comment