
Hi everyone! It's my turn to write a letter, especially since I'm a very lucky dog these days. Emily began trying to feed herself, and she misses her mouth a lot, which is great for me! So she drops lots of crackers and Cheerios over the side of her high chair instead, and I'm right there to help Mommy clean up! I sure wish Emily would drop a steak or two, though...
Emily's still not walking by herself yet--instead, she steps around the house hanging onto things, or just crawls around. She crawls over my tail a lot, and tries to pet me by slapping her hand against me. Mommy says "gentle, Emily", and she pets me nicer. I don't mind too much, I know she's little.

Here's Emily doing her "How big is Emily?" "She's soooo big!" that Grandma and her girlfriends Auntie Betty, Auntie Stevie, and Auntie Shirley taught her at lunch one day. They also taught her to give a High 5!
Mommy jumped up and down one day when she realized Emily did sign language! Ok, so this is Itsy Bitsy Spider, but we couldn't get a picture of the sign Emily made of "more", telling Mommy she wanted more food. But how exciting that was! I just sat beside the high chair and waited. And all I got was a few measley crackers...bummer. Mommy calls me and the cats "the vultures" since we wait beside Emily every chance we get. How can we help it--she smells like milk!
We still have to watch those crazy Wiggles every day. Here's a picture of Emily watching the Wiggles. Daddy thought the photo of her crossed ankles was great. Mommy took this picture after the big Poop incident, which I'm not allowed to talk about, it was so gross. Basically, Emily took off her diaper in the crib one day, and painted the crib sheets, crib slats, wall, floor, and herself...only not with paint! It took Mommy 1 1/2 hours to clean up, so in her playpen went Emily, on went the Wiggles...and lots of "OH, NOOOOO!!!!" "WHAT'S THIS--EEEWWWW!!!!" from Mommy in the other room. I just lied down and fell asleep to the Wiggles while Emily tried to imitate their hand gestures.
And here's an extra shot of Emily having fun after her bath, just prior to being diapered. Mom and Dad say I'm a big help with diapers--I know just when Emily needs to be changed from a really "big" one, since I sniff her really good right afterwards...that way, Mom or Dad know when to change her! That's why I have such a big nose, to help out with! :)That's all that's new. The weather is finally getting cooler, which means more time out in the backyard for all of us. Whooppiee!! Here's a shot of me in my favorite spot, under the palm trees. Maybe one day Emily will chase me around the yard. That would be so much fun. A dropped pork chop on the floor would be a lot nicer. So long!

Love,
Mia (the dog)
1 comment:
I knew Mia was smart but I didn,t know she could write such good letters.
Emily is still my Darling China Doll.
Thanksgiving can,t come fast enough for me.
Love,
Grammifrani "Zumu"
Post a Comment