Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!!

Hi all,

Hope y'all had a great Halloween! It's been a wild week of Halloween parties. Take a look! And, Daddy and Emily carved their first pumpkin together--Thomas the Train! Emily is dressed as a mermaid.



We did our usual Pirate House. On Halloween night, Emily and Mommy handed out candy and skull/bones stamps, while Daddy donned his pirate suit and fought off marauding kids! The kids asked where the plank was this year (we make the kids walk a plank over dangerous, shark-infested waters, otherwise known as a blue tarp.) Next year will be even harder with 2 kids, but we'll have to build our plank. We're famous in the neighborhood!

News on Uncle Baby David

Woo hoo!! Things are finally moving along. These photos are from Russ and Cindy's visit to the orphanage, and from our volunteer friend at the orphanage. Isn't Baby Uncle David adorable? Apparently David was the only child who wanted to play with the scary, lifesize blonde doll. I guess he likes Blondes. :)

We did learn that David just started walking, and is pretty unsteady. But he's doing it! Ah well, one major milestone missed, but we have many more ahead of us. Emily just walks around saying, "I a big sister!" and (waggling her finger) "No Baby David, that stove is HOT!"



Tomorrow we receive the famed Letter of Approval (LOA). After that, we wait for Travel Approval (TA), followed by an actual travel itinerary. We're definitely travelling to China in December. We're not sure exactly when, but travel approval (TA) is just weeks away. And then we're off!! We're going to miss Emily terribly (she'll stay with the grandparents), but we're happy that she's looking forward to being a big sister. :)

Take care,

Caroline

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, I love the puffy shirt, you make quite a pirate and Caroline's a great wench!!!! Emily is the prettiest mermaid around!!!

Can't wait for Baby David!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!!!!
Baby Davey is finally in the final stages of travel news. Can't wait for my Grandson, he's so o o o o
cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Grammi/"Mum"

Karen BeTheChange said...

Great Halloween shots :)

David looks so GOOD! Don't you just love getting pictures/updates?! Wow! And it's awesome that he's thriving and continuing to develop on target (even if it means you missed this one tiny milestone).

Can't wait to hear you've got TA.

Love, Karen

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am SO excited and can't wait to humour him at work... hehehe... glad Em had a great Halloween too... (did I spell Halloween right? Ah... it is late...lol)... get over the sinus infection soon... P.S... I didn't win that bookshelf I wanted at the auction... bummer

Anonymous said...

I'm always excited to see that there is an update on your blog.

When I look at photos of Emily, I swear she and Jaidyn look very much alike.

Can't wait to hear that you have received your travel plans.

God Bless you all,

Hugs,

Nai Nai Dillon