After 5 hours in the car for a 2-hour trip (snow, fog, bad roads, no gas, you name it!), we arrived at Tianjin Childrens Welfare Institute. Everything happened so fast that we got video but not a family Gotcha photo. We'll try to get it at dinner.
This little guy is ADORABLE!! He already smiled, said "Mama" (but it means everything around him), laughed, stamped his feet when Daddy did, and throws things around for fun. He is so different from Emily, who shut down when we got her. Although, his nanny snuck out of a room to see us and say goodbye, and got in trouble. She was crying and calling his name, and Qun Qun started crying. It was so upsetting. Later, when I got to see the baby room (by myself--Kevin had to stay downstairs with Qun Qun), Qun Qun's nanny saw me and smiled. I made the staff promise to tell her we'd always send photos.
We have to run and eat now--we never got lunch during the 5-hour drive--so I may post more later. What a happy ending to this day!
Love,
Caroline
13 comments:
Oh my god... this is so brilliant... congrats to you both... I woke up not 5 mins ago and basically kicked Mike off the computer... poor Mike... regardless of what he wanted I am reading the posts to him...lol... I am going to print all this off and show it off at work... all the girls have been patiently waiting for news... congrats to you both!!!! Huge hugs and kisses to David... tell him I am ready and waiting...
PS... Of course I looked at the video last... Caroline... you should have just walked through the door... lol... love it... great.. going to work now after crying...lol
I can't imagine how wonderful you feel. It seemed so different from when we got the girls. I was crying so much for all of you I had to go back and get ready for work all over again !! Keep the photos coming Lia loves looking at david. Love, CJ, Linda and Lia
Congratulations Lewis Family!!!! We can't wait to see more pictures. Sounds like Helen is your guide in Tianjin?
Anxiously awaiting more . . .
Cindy and Russ
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
So thrilled to see Uncle Baby David in your arms and can't wait to see more.
Hugs and love!
Melissa & Family
Oh my Gosh, he's so beautiful!!! No wonder the nanny was upset, that shows how much she loves him. Good luck with the rest of your trip, I want to see lots of pictures. Congratulations Mommy, Daddy & Emily!!!!!!!
Love you so much!
Tracey
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY SINCE I GAVE BIRTH TO YOU AND TRACEY, AND NOW TO HAVE A GRANDSON AND THREE GRANDAUGHTERS HAVE MADE MY LIFE COMPLETE. THEY SAY THAT LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU RETIRE AND I CERTAINLY BELIEVE THAT, MINE CERTAINLY DID.
CAN'T WAIT TO HUG HIM.HURRY HOME!
LOVE,
"MUM"/GRAMMIFRANI
OMG, congratulations! Welcome to your new family, Baby David! He is so completely adorable. Thanks for the updates--I can't wait to see more!
XO,
Rebecca
Congratulations! I'm not sure what else to say... remembering our first gotcha and anticipating our second, I know how full your heart feels right now. Wonderful, isn't it?
He's beautiful!
JOY TO THE WORLD!!! David is with his family!
...so amazing to "share" this wonderful event with you --- he is precious.
Much love,
Aunt Kathy & Uncle Jack
I'm so excited for your (growing!) family. David couldn't be any cuter. Can't wait to hear more and see more photos. CONGRATULATIONS!! Hugs and love, Karen
Congratulations!
How incredibly beautiful.
Keeping you all in my thoughts.
Debbie Hogan
Congratulations Kevin and Caroline. David is soo adorable. Marianne had tears of joy while watching the video. We are so very happy for you guys. David is incredibly lucky to have you as parents. All the best to you and safe journey home. Love, Carey & Marianne
Post a Comment