Hi all,
Yesterday David and Emily met for the first time. Emily was so excited to meet David that she literally bounced around the room for the first half hour. Here's the result.
Pardon my comment at the very end about David being heavy. I was remarking to my mother-in-law about the amazing change in the feel of David. When we first adopted David his muscle tone was poor and holding him was like trying to lift a dead weight. Neither Helen nor I could carry him for more than a few minutes. I was afraid of bringing him home and trying to lift him all day long! His belly was so big it looked distended, and he could barely roll over. When walking, if he tilted his head forward or backward, the weight of it propeled him to the floor where he'd land with a loud thud, followed by the equally loud thud of his head. It was awful, we had to be so careful with him. And this with a 2-year old!
Kevin and I immediately started David walking and made sure he had well balanced meals rather than a giant caramel! By the time we reached Guangzhou his belly had smoothed out, and he had better muscle tone. He rolled over easily and could make half a dozen steps without dropping over. And he felt light!
Here are some photos. The photo of a blurry Emily is hilarious--she was so excited to meet her brother that she didn't stop bouncing the entire time! She even bounced out to the car for the drive home.
Since then, we've only had to break up one standoff over a $3. purple plastic chair!
More Video
Thanks, everyone, for following our journey to David. Your comments and emails meant the world to us. Our new life started today!
14 years ago


7 comments:
You would think that these two beautiful children had been together FOREVER!! Emily welcomed him in such a warm and loving way. AMAZING!!! ...thanks for sharing this moment with all of us.
Watching them coloring together was so natural. Emily is taking such good care of him.
Have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family.
You are an inspiration!!!
Much love,
Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jack
Let the fun begin... I am not talking about you two - I am talking about me... I have 2 kiddies to amuse now... lol... it was such a shock and great to see you all in work yesterday - I still cannot believe that David was right in front of me. Was trying to not chuckle when Emily said she wasn't having a good day... that is kind of sad but so cute... lol... Well, let the good times roll... take care...
We're sooo glad you are home safe and sound! Welcome back!!!
Emily and David are absolutely adorable together. Her glee at meeting him was the ultimate in sweetness.
What a great Christmas for all of you!
We love you and are so glad you are back. Let me know when you're ready and I'll bring a Green Turtle meal to you. I can't wait to meet that boy!
That first meeting really got to me! How SWEET!! We're so glad you're back home, safe and sound, with both Emily and David in your arms. Thanks for allowing us to follow along on this journey. Love, Karen
The LOVE you gave to Emily these past two years really showed in her meeting of her baby brother David. What a beautiful sight to behold and your first morning as a family of 4 certainly looked liked you all have been together forever.
Keep up your loving world and know that you have made me a very happy Grammi AGAIN!!!!
Welcome Home Lewis Family Welcome Home!!!
Much love,
"Mum"/Grammi
OMG, that photo of the four of you together totally made me cry. I'm so happy for all of you! Happy holidays to a beautiful family.
I'M SO EXCITED! I think I need to jump around the room too. I kept checking to see if this moment was posted. What love Emily showed David. You're the best big sister, Emily! Siblings are fun...most of the time. Can't wait to meet the Lewis kids.
Love, Cousin Maureen
Post a Comment